Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Little info about this Newbie Blogger

I have just recently (in the past two weeks) been introduced to blogs.  I am slowly clicking and searching for ways to make my blog page more appealing.  I look forward to connecting with other bloggers to learn more about card making, products, tutorials, new products, etc.  I love seeing all of the cards!!  They are beautiful and inspiring.  They make me want to go upstairs to my scraproom and get to work!  I also hope to find some fellow scrapbookers out there as well - as this is my passion.

I am a scrapbooker by choice but I am learning cards.  I have a sister who is certified in everything and she is my tutor.  Unfortunately, we do not live close and with both of our busy lives it's hard to find time to get together for my next session.  However, this coming weekend (Friday the 13th) my sister and a few friends are coming for the weekend and we are going to have a good time sharing what we know with each other.  I live in Louisiana - so there will be more talking and eating of good food (ie cajun fried food) than we will get accomplished on our projects.  We also plan to have a swap meet.  We will bring items of any sort to trade and/or share.  I am looking forward to being with my sister, my friends and just having a good ole time.  By the end of the weekend, we will all be exhausted from our late nights but we will be able to say we had fun learning some new techniques!

I have a shop on ETSY - my link on my blog page takes you directly to my ETSY Shop = HoneyBScrapbooks.  I have created a variety of premade albums to sell, plus I take customized orders.  I've been pleased with my sales. I've done more Customized work than selling of the premade albums.  But to be honest, I have not devoted as much time as I should to ETSY to promote my work.  It's my busy schedule that prevents me from doing so.  We are now out of tax season, so I hope I can motivate myself into spending just a little bit of time on ETSY each day.  It's time to get back to promoting my albums and hustle up some orders/sales.

About me: I am a full time working mom of two grown sons.  I converted my oldest son's bedroom into a scrapbook room.  This is where I go most nights to unwind after a busy day at the office.  I consider it to be my therapy!!  I will be married to the love of my life for 29 years May 28th.  Time sure flies by when you are having fun. "-)  We will be returning to Hawaii for our 30th anniversary (it was what we did for our 25th anniversary and we enjoyed it so much we promised to do it again for our 30th).  I am a very organized person (meaning I think ahead and get things prepared and in order so everything is in place and on time).  I like all things planned way in advance.  So you guessed it - I am already looking at travel plans for Hawaii for next year.  I love to travel with my hubby. We've traveled a good bit during our marriage but most of our trips were either business trips or family vacations with the boys.  Now we are making time for trips for just the two of us.  Loving it!!  I am a proud Grandma to a sweet baby girl. Her name is Baylee.  She is 20 months old and so much fun.  We love to play!!   My youngest son is a Junior in College.  He is very involved with Church and has a leadership role with the youth.  My oldest son (the one who made me a Grandma) is a Coach.  I am very proud of both of my boys.  Last but certainly not least, I have a beautiful daughter-in-law (the Mommy of our grandbaby).  She is a sweetheart and I'm amazed at everything she does: she's going back to school to finish her degree, taking care of a baby 24/7 and starting her own Photography Business.  The Photography Business is supplying me with lots of beautiful pictures of my grandbaby.  I am Blessed!!  This year for my Mother's Day Gift from the kiddos, they got together on their spring break and did a photo shoot.  I have pics of my two boys, with the grandbaby, with my son playing his guitar, etc.  They made it into a hardback photo book + I received the CD with all of the photos for reprints.  This was the most AMAZING gift and I shall treasure it forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment